Big Data and Artificial Intelligence: the challenges for (tax) authorities
27 November 2020
Joint webinar DigiTax – Digi4Fed
During the webinar, experts from the Belspo funded DIGI4FED project and the Centre of Excellence DigiTax discuss the operational, ethical, legal and behavioral challenges imposed by big data and artificial intelligence on (tax) authorities.
List of speakers:
- “Quality standards for a legal framework based on a balancing between efficiency and privacy in the context of the use of artificial intelligence by tax administrations”. Prof. dr. Anne Van de Vijver (DigiTax)
- “The need for a human in the loop and for explainable AI – legal perspectives”. Thomas Tombal (DIGI4FED-UNamur CRIDS)
- “The legitimacy and limits of tax audits on big data in the light of the prohibition of fishing expeditions”. Liesa Keunen (DigiTax)
- “A trust-based approach: investigating how the use of big data and AI can affect trust in and within governments”. Dr. Bjorn Kleizen (DIGI4FED-UAntwerpen)
- “The need for explainable and fair AI in (tax) fraud detection: the perspective of data scientists” Prof. dr. Toon Calders (DigiTax).
- “Human Controllers and Data Scientists – The need for alignment in Fraud Analytics”. Dr. Anthony Simonofski (DIGI4FED-UNamur Precise)
Moderator: Prof. Dr. Sylvie De Raedt (DigiTax)
- 27 november 2020, 14-15u
- Locatie: online webinar
- Taal: English
- Doelgroep: belastings- en andere ambtenaren, beleidsmakers, praktijkdeskundigen geïnteresseerd in het gebruik van algoritmen en AI-technologie bij belastingen