Translating Artificial Intelligence to the Clinic
9 november 2021 – VIB-UGent Center for Plan Systems Biology
AI Research Flanders
Artificial intelligence has great potential for the clinical domain. At this workshop we connect researchers to clinicians.
At this event, we invite clinicians, biomedical researchers and people that are working within the environment of hospitals to a thematic day about translating artificial intelligence to the clinic.
Artificial intelligence has great potential for the clinical domain, and at this workshop we will connect researchers from the AI Flanders program to clinicians and biomedical researchers.
- 9: Welcome & introduction – Yvan Saeys (VIB-Ugent)
- 9.05: Introduction to the AI Flanders Programme – Sabine Demey (Flanders AI Research)
- 9.15: AI in nephrology and health care: many rivers to cross – Wim Van Biesen (Ghent University Hospital)
- 9.45: Multiple sclerosis as a use case to show how the use of ‘real-world-data’ and AI can transform our healthcare system – Liesbet Peeters (UHasselt)
- 10.05 – Seizure detection with wearable devices and AI (Christos Chatzichristos (KU Leuven)
- 10.25 – Break
- 10.55 AI for medical image analysis – Matthew Blaschko (KU Leuven)
- 11.15 Translating single-cell technologies to the clinic (VIB-UGent)
- 11.35 AI For efficient hospital management. Can AI-assisted management tools resist emergens situations? – Naomi Wamba Momo (KU Leuven)
- 11.55 The potential of fusing expert-driven and data-driven approaches to improve healthcare (UGent – imec)
- 12.15 Machine learning for outcome prediction in the ICU – Celine Vens (KU Leuven)
- 12.35 – Break
- 14 Advancing the diagnostic work-up of hematological malignancies by AI – Carolien Duetz (Amsterdam UMC)
- 14.30 Stimulating translational research: lessons learnt from the VIB Grand Challenges program
- 14.50 Advanced Data Aided Medicine – Peter De Jaeger (AZ Delta)
- 15.20 Panel discussion with the audience: challenges in translating AI tot the clinic and lessons learnt.
- 9 november 2021, 9-17h
- Locatie: VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology
Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 71
- Taal: English
- Contact: Yvan Saeys
- Doelgroep: clinicians, biomedical researchers and people working within the environment of hospitals
- Prijs: gratis, maar inschrijving verplicht